Cindy Bear originally appeared in the shorts "Acrobatty Bear", "A Wooin' Bruin", and the three-parter "Yogi's Birthday Party", where her fur was blue, but it later changed to a light gray-beige like that of Yogi (dark brown) and Boo Boo (light tan) in Hey There, It's Yogi Bear! in 1964. In this same film, Cindy sported a very light-blue tutu skirt, and a very light-yellow scarf tied about her neck. She also wore a hat in the original 1961 cartoons, and in a few of her later appearances as well. Her personality also changed from her original episodes to the movie. In the original shorts, she was very self-centered. However in the movie, when she was Yogi's love interest she was more sympathetic and had a sweeter personality, which carried on for the rest of her appearances.
She speaks with a pronounced Southern accent and carries a parasol. She has a romantic interest in Yogi.
- In The New Yogi Bear Show, Cindy's mother is introduced, along with Cindy's niece, Bebe the Biker. Cindy comes from a rich Southern family of bears.
- In Hey, There, It's Yogi Bear, Cindy imagines the future which has them married, and they also have several kids. In the episode "Gossipy Witch" of Yogi's Gang, the witch starts a rumor about Yogi being engaged to Cindy. For promotional use, they made a image of Yogi and Cindy at their wedding.
- She is the only major character not appear in the 2010 live action film.
- In "Boo Boo Runs Wild", her blue fur returns.
- The Yogi Bear Show - "Acrobatty Bear" (1961), "A Wooin' Bruin" (1961) and "Yogi's Birthday Party" (1962)
- Yogi's Gang - "The Gossipy Witch" and "Mr. Hothead" (1973)
- Scooby's All-Star Laff-a-Lympics (1977-1979)
- Yogi's Treasure Hunt - "To Bee or Not to Bee" (1986)
- The New Yogi Bear Show (1988)
- Wake, Rattle & Roll (Fender Bender 500 segment) (1990-1991)
- Yo Yogi! (1991)
- Jellystone! (2021-present)
Films and Specials
- Hey There, It's Yogi Bear! (1964)
- Yogi's First Christmas, 1980 holiday television film
- Yogi and the Invasion of the Space Bears (1988)
- Hanna-Barbera's 50th: A Yabba Dabba Doo Celebration, 1989 television special dedicated to the career of William Hanna and Joseph Barbera
- Boo Boo Runs Wild (1999)
- What's New Scooby-Doo? - "Roller Ghoster Ride" (2002)
- Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law - "Droopy Botox" (2004)
- Scooby-Doo! Mask of the Blue Falcon (2013)
- Julie Bennett - from The Yogi Bear Show (1961) through Yogi and the Invasion of the Space Bears (1988)
- Jackie Ward - Hey There, It's Yogi Bear! (1964) (singing)
- Janet Waldo - Yogi's First Christmas (1980)
- Linda Harmon - Yogi and the Invasion of the Space Bears (1988) (singing)
- Kath Soucie - Yo Yogi! (1991)
- Mary Ellen Thomas - Boo Boo Runs Wild (1999)
- Grace Helbig - Jellystone! (2021)
- "I do declare!"
- "Oh, Yogi!"
- "Yogi Bear loves me, he loves me not."
- "Oh Shucks, sugar!"