Wonder Woman (secret identity: Diana Prince) is a character in DC Comics created by William Moulton Marston in the early 1940s. She was one of the five main heroes in the Super Friends franchise. Her voice actresses were Shannon Farnon, Constance Cawlfield and B.J. Ward.
Outside Hanna-Barbera cartoons, Wonder Woman was featured in a live-action TV drama series in the late 1970s with Lynda Carter portraying the role, and in June 2017, a live-action film adaptation was released with Israeli actress Gal Gadot playing the role.
About Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman is an Amazon superheroine and princess of Paradise Island. She is also a member of the Super Friends.
Wonder Woman wears a one-piece bathing suit with blue pads and red hero shoes. Her outfit was conceived long before the show by William Marsden, inventor of the lie-detector and an outspoken feminist. Wonder Woman's outfit has been reinvented for many different adaptations; the Hanna-Barbera version tries to blend the kitschy 50s patriotism of her outfit with a more Greek look while keeping most of the color scheme.
Powers and Abilities
Due to Aphrodite's law, Paradise Island bestows Wonder Woman (and all other Amazons) god-like powers, as long as mortal men do not set foot on the island. Those powers include:
- Super strength
- Magic lasso: Her lasso can bind the most toughest opponents. It can't, however, hold onto illusions.
- Super Friends (1973)
- The All-New Super Friends Hour (1977)
- Challenge of the Superfriends (1978)
- The World's Greatest Superfriends (1979)
- Superfriends: The Legendary Super Powers Show (1984)
- The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians (1985)
- Issue #5: Trouble in Paradise
- Issue #6: A Super Friend in Need